Monday, March 24, 2008

The Sermon and The Lunch

I enjoyed reading the sermon and the lunch. It reminded me of an example in my own life. I mean, we are all hypocrites don’t get me wrong but it is interesting to compare this story with the story of my 1st grade Sunday school teacher.
She is a godly woman yes, who has been teaching 1st grade Sunday school for quite a while at my church. She is in the choir and participates in almost every church event. She is the epitome of a regular churchgoer.
However, like the example of the pastor in the sermon and the lunch, her home life is unlike her church life. She can be very crude to people she doesn’t like and occasionally I catch her not being the churchgoer she is so avidly on Sundays. I cannot judge my Sunday school teacher because I am a hypocrite just as we all are but it is just an example that sticks out to me. It is hard to be a good witness of Christ and his love to others when it is blatant that you are not following what you preach.



John 9: 5, "while i am in the world, I am the light of the world."

We are to be examples of Christs light.

Thend.

No comments: